- If you don’t feel you can directly stop the behavior, ask for help from others or an adult.
- Simply be a friend to the person being bullied. Being friendly with that person can go a long way towards letting them know that they’re not alone;
- If you witness bullying take place, sometimes you may be able to simply help the person walk away from the situation;
- Also, bullies tend to want an audience. Don’t give them that. Instead of laughing or supporting the behavior, send a message that you don’t like the behavior and want it to stop;
- Finally, you can help stop bullying by simply being a good role model. You would be surprised how others may follow your lead.
Students, it is important that we support each other at school. One way that we can do that is to recognize the signs of bullying behavior and to stop it before it happens. We want our students to not just stand by and do nothing when you see bullying occur. Here are a few strategies that you can use: